Join the Consolidated family! Due to a promotion, we're hiring for a Line Mechanic A / Apprentice position (Mount Gilead & Delaware, OH). The position may start as a Ground Mechanic with the requirement of advancing on to Line Mechanic A through the Ohio's Electric Cooperatives Line Worker Training program (COLT). A current Line Mechanic A is preferred, valid Class A CDL required. Apply Online Here!
The City of Mesa is a great place to work! In addition to competitive salaries, the City also has a generous amount of other benefits available. For more information, please see our website: http://mesaaz.gov/benefits/
A Lineman performs highly skilled, journey-level transmission, distribution, and electrical work in the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of underground and overhead electric transmission, distribution and service lines, transformers, meters, metering equipment, electrical substations, and related equipment. Other duties include climbing wood poles, ladders, and towers. This class is responsible for performing related duties as required.
Work involves moderate physical exertion, heavy lifting, and exposure to inclement weather, as well as the hazardous conditions of working with high-voltage energized lines and equipment. Employees are subject to stand-by, pre-arranged, and call-out duty. This class is FLSA nonexempt.
Please refer to the link below for the full job description and additional information regarding assignments, preferred qualifications, and essential functions.
Substance Abuse Testing. This class is subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) drug and alcohol testing as outlined in 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 382
Employee Values: All employees of the City of Mesa are expected to uphold and exhibit the City's shared employee values of Knowledge, Respect, and Integrity.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED.
- Completion of an apprenticeship program in the lineman trade. Some (6 months - 1 year) experience as a journey-level lineman engaged in the installation, maintenance, and repair of power lines, transformers, or related equipment.
- Possess a valid Arizona Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) by hire date.
- Reside within the City of Mesa Electric Utility call-out area (example: within an 18-mile radius of the Main Street and Center Street intersection) within one year after hire date.
- Valid First Aid card with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification or be able to obtain by hire date.
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. For complete job description, requirements and online application form, please visit our web site at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mesaaz
City of Mesa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
JOB LISTING RATES
Our rate is $100 for one week. $300 for month.