1st Class Electric Lineman
The Borough of Ephrata is a small hometown community located in Lancaster County, PA. Ephrata is located within 1-2 hours from 2 major cities: Philadelphia and Baltimore. We have approximately 6,600 meters in a service area of 3.4 square miles and a population of 13,300.
Working as part of a team, use your technical, analytical and electrical knowledge and to deliver reliable electric service to our customers. You will be responsible to perform inspections, maintenance, operations and construction work on the substations, transmission, distribution and street lighting systems. Work on circuits up to 13.2 kV with hot sticks and/or with rubber protective equipment in aerial buckets and in required safety apparel.
Applicants must possess: minimum Class B motor vehicle license; minimum of 4 years work experiences for a public or private utility or completion of a recognized apprenticeship program, demonstrate thorough working knowledge of transformer connections, phasing, testing line inspections, emergency sectionalizing, meter and service installation; you must be able to climb utility poles and perform work up to 60 feet above the ground. You must reside within (30) minutes of Ephrata to respond to call outs.
The Borough offers an attractive wage, comprehensive benefit package and a workplace with an emphasis on quality and teamwork. Wages begin at $46.23 per hour.
Complete an application at the Borough Office or send a resume to: Human Resources Dept., Borough of Ephrata, 124 South State Street, Ephrata, PA 17522 or email@example.com. Visit our website at www.ephrataboro.org.
Job Title: Journeyman Line Worker - JCP&L
FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a diverse generating fleet with a total capacity of nearly 17,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Jersey Central Power & Light, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [JCP&L].
Hourly Rate: $52.13 – $56.38.
Jersey Central Power & Light is hiring experienced line workers for multiple locations in New Jersey. There are two regions, Northern New Jersey to include, Summit, Flemington, Washington, Boonton, Dover, Newton and West Wharton. The second region is Central New Jersey to include, Union Beach, Long Branch, Old Bridge, Freehold, Point Pleasant, Berkeley, Lakewood, Cookstown and Farmingdale. There are up to 15 positions to be filled in multiple locations. These locations are to be determined at time of employment.
Partial Job Requirements (Complete requirements are outlined in the Job Specifications.)
- Under direct supervision does the most complicated construction and maintenance work on
energized conductors, structures and equipment, including Hot Sticking up to 34.5 KV and direct handling up to 15KV.
- Will be required to install instrument transformers; install, remove connect or disconnect electric meters and services; and do switching and tagging of all voltages.
- Performs other related or lesser skilled duties for which they are qualified or have proper
instruction or direction, including driving and operating all equipment, except bulldozers,
caterpillar tractors with front and overhead loaders, rubber-tired loaders, all types of cranes,
graders, heavy duty trenchers, backhoes with front-end loader and pole hole diggers.
- Will be required, given the proper training to work alone or with personnel of equal or lesser
- Must be familiar with Company’s Safety Rules, methods of resuscitation on or off the ground,
and be able to render practical First Aid.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License or equivalent.
- Must have basic knowledge of the layout and characteristics of the distribution and transmission lines in the area to which assigned and must have basic knowledge of the Line Department’s practices and standards and working knowledge of electrical fundamentals as related to transmission and distribution construction and maintenance.
- Normal health, physique and sensory functions, including color perception, near/distant visual acuity and hearing as required to perform the job duties.
- Must be willing and able to work extra and/or irregular hours under unusual or special working conditions and surroundings according to Company construction standards and practices with highest degree of integrity and self-discipline and be willing to work away from home base for extended periods of time.
Applicants need to have successfully completed a recognized apprentice program and be a first class Journeyman Line Worker. You must be able to produce qualification certificate showing you are a qualified line worker.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Please apply at : https://www.firstenergycorp.com/careers.html
Join the Consolidated family! We're hiring for a Line Mechanic A / Apprentice position. The position may start as a Ground Mechanic with the requirement of advancing on to Line Mechanic A through the Ohio's Electric Cooperatives Line Worker Training program (COLT). A current Line Mechanic A is preferred. Apply Online Here!
If you have a job opening you would like posted on our page please contact us at Contact@linejunk.com
$100 for one week
$300 for a month
What you will get:
1. A job posting on our website
2. A post on our Facebook which currently has over 500,000 followers worldwide
3. A post on our INSTAGRAM which currently has 87,000 followers worldwide
4. A post on our Twitter account