***Join Tampa Electric Company***
Experienced Journeyman Power Lineman looking for a rewarding career in Tampa, Florida? Successful hires are eligible to receive a $7,000 sign on bonus!
TECO offers a competitive Benefits package!!
Competitive Salary * 401k Savings plan w/ company matching * Pension plan * Paid time off * Paid Holiday time * Medical, Prescription Drug, & Dental Coverage * Tuition Assistance Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs * On-site Fitness Centers * Bonus Plan and more!
This opportunity is for experienced Journeyman Power Linemen with the below documentation. A copy of your Journeyman Certificate and DOL Certificate (in lieu of a Department of Labor certificate, a copy of apprenticeship curriculum) must be provided prior to a phone screen. You can email a copy to Tasha Blaisdell at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Learn more about TECO and watch a video by clicking here
Apply online by clicking here
The Journeyman Lineman performs all aspects of constructing and maintaining Tampa Electric’s overhead and underground transmission and distribution system including switching and troubleshooting and operation of equipment and vehicles. Work on energized systems and response to emergency overtime is required. Must perform all duties following the safe work practices and procedures set forth in the Company Policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess a knowledge and understanding of the Safe Work Practices Manual.
- Construct overhead and/or underground residential, commercial and industrial electrical distribution systems, transmission systems and lighting systems.
- Install, remove or repair the following equipment on energized or de-energized lines (distribution or transmission) in all types of weather conditions: 1.) Anchors, cross-arms, insulators, brackets, capacitors, regulators, OCR’s, poles, switches, lightning arrestors, grounds, transformers (overhead and underground, single phase, open-Y and three phase banks), conductors (overhead and underground primary, secondary and services) secondary hand-holes, URD switch-gear, LBC cabinets, manholes, splice boxes and fuses. 2) Also install, remove or repair special devices required by governmental regulations.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on transmission and distribution equipment.
- Utilize voltmeters, phase rotation meters, phasing tools, meggars, cable fault locating equipment and other related equipment as needed.
- Set and remove meters and take readings.
- Switch, tag, test and ground overhead and underground electrical systems as well as perform some substation switching.
- Handle large equipment such as chain hoist and sag large transmission conductors, any size as required.
- Climb poles and structures using appropriate safety equipment.
- Drive tractor-trailer carrying up to 80’ poles. Drive and operate large aerial bucket and line trucks with long overhang on booms.
- Respond to emergency and scheduled overtime.
- Serve as crew leader as required, completing the necessary paperwork (material forms, time sheets, etc.) and reading and interpreting construction prints and work requests. Future needs may require time to be entered into computer systems.
- Assist in the training of new employees as required.
- Attend and receive any required training or certifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- May be required to travel inside and outside of the service area.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule as per current requirements.
- Ability to work on energized systems and response to emergency call-outs is required.
- Ability to make successful decisions in high stress situations.
Must successfully complete the following physical worker medical exam: Physical Worker Medical Exam for Energy Delivery
EDUCATION, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid high school diploma or valid GED
- Journeyman Lineman certificate
- List of Apprentice Lineman curriculum if requested or DOL certificate.
- The written portion of the Commercial Driver License Class A with any required endorsements must be completed if an offer is extended prior to start date.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- One (1) year of Lineman experience (this does not include Apprentice Line experience).
- This position requires mechanical aptitude.
- Must comply with company policies and follow safe work practices.
- Three (3) years of Lineman experience (this does not include Apprentice Line experience).
Adaptability/Leading Change, Ownership & Excellence, Customer Service Orientation, Judgment, Working Safely and Teamwork.
Applicants must Register on line first, upload a resume and then completely fill out the application (including work history and education) to apply for the position. Apply online by clicking here
Applicants who meet the requirements and are selected to move forward to a phone screen must provide:
DOL Certificate (in lieu of a DOL certificate, a copy of apprenticeship curriculum)
There are three (3) steps after your documents have been approved:
1. Phone screen – 30 minute call
2. Written test – 1.5 hour test
3. Full day of field evaluations (7:00 AM – 5:30 PM), along with an interview with management the same day. Date will be determined after successfully completing steps 1 and 2 above.
Successful hired candidates are eligible to receive a $7,000 sign on bonus
Travel, hotel and food will be at the candidate’s expense. Food will be provided the day of evaluations.
Candidates will be paid the hourly rate of $41.02/hour for this position while participating in the field evaluations.
If you have a job opening you would like posted on our page please contact us at Contact@linejunk.com
$100 for one week
$300 for a month
What you will get:
1. A job posting on our website
2. A post on our Facebook which currently has over 250,,000 followers worldwide
3. A post on our INSTAGRAM which currently has 50,000 followers worldwide
4. A post on our Twitter account